Of late, kratom has become increasingly popular due to its many benefits. People like to use it as a natural remedy for issues like chronic pain, managing stress, enhancing focus, etc. However, kratom is available in a number of variants, such as red kratom, white kratom, and green kratom. These strains are further distinguished based on their place of origin. Therefore, it is essential to understand that not all kratom strains will produce the same effects.
What is Kratom?
Kratom is a tree from the coffee family and grows across several tropical areas in Southeast Asia. The leaves from the kratom tree have been used for over a century. They are dried up and made into a powder that can be used, brewed in tea, or made into capsules, you can easily buy kratom from online stores. People like to use it for its coffee-like stimulation. Depending on the dosage, it can enhance productivity, reduce tiredness and pain, manage anxiety, etc.
Kratom powders have different physical and physiological features. They usually depend on how and when a kratom tree is grown and harvested. These characteristics help us in determining the kratom strain. A strain is associated with the place of origin and the color of the kratom leaves. To find the best strain that can boost your energy, you need to understand what different kratom strains are capable of. This will help you pick the option that best suits your needs.
What are the Major Kratom Strains?
This part of the article will help you learn about the various kratom strains and what makes them different. The most crucial characteristic of a kratom strain is color. The strains can be further distinguished based on where the leaves are sourced from.
- White Vein Kratom: The name ‘white vein’ comes from the literal veins of the young kratom leaves. The kratom is harvested at an earlier stage when the trees and leaves are still young. The leaves have white veins and high consistency of mitragynine. It is said to provide an uplifting feeling.
- Red Vein Kratom: It is perhaps the most popular kratom strain. The red vein kratom is known for its sedative properties. It is harvested when the kratom trees are at their most mature stage—users of red vein claim that it is the best kratom strain for pain relief.
- Green Vein Kratom: green vein kratom is the state which occurs between the white vein and red vein. The leaves are harvested when a kratom tree reaches the middle stage of its life cycle. The Green strain of kratom is considered to be a very subtle and mild stimulant. It can provide enhanced mental clarity and focus.
There are many types of kratom strains. These differ from each other based on the climate that affects them in the place where they grow. This is a list of the various kratom species which can be further distinguished based on the veins.
- Malay Kratom: It is a strain known for its stimulating effects and relieving pain and anxiety. It is a strain with long-lasting effects.
- Sumatra Kratom: This strain comes from the Sumatra island in Indonesia. Red Sumatra is famous for managing stress and sleep patterns. White Sumatra offers energy that lasts for longer durations of time.
- Maeng Da Kratom: It is considered the strongest among kratom strains. It originates from Thailand and consists of high alkaloid content. It stimulates the brain for energy and mental clarity.
Borneo (or Bali) Kratom: It is a kind of relaxing strain. It regulates pain and provides a euphoric feeling. Its effects on energy are mild in comparison to other kratom strains.